Mostly CloudyNow
24 °C
75 °F
OvercastThu
23 °C
75 °F
Chance of RainFri
21 °C
69 °F
ThunderstormSat
24 °C
76 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Saturday July 21st, 2012

Posted at 10:56pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Hello time traveller!

This article is 2161 days old.

The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.

495 Glengarry (Google Streetview)

Just after 9pm Saturday night, Windsor Fire and Rescue along with Windsor Police were called to 495 Glengarry for report of a fire on the 8th floor.

Investigators say that a 56-year-old women was cooking food on the stove when grease caught on fire. They say that she attempted to use a blanket to extinguish the flames however the blanket caused the grease to splatter onto her arm and face. The woman was taken to the hospital and another occupant of the apartment was treated by EMS on scene.

There was extensive damage to the kitchen in the range of around $15,000. All other occupants of the apartment building were evacuated and no other injuries were reported.

Do You Like This Article?