Windsor firefighters were kept busy Wednesday night with two fires, one in the West End and near Tecumseh and Princess.
Fire crews responded to the 700 block of Mill Street around 6:15pm and found light smoke coming from a vacant home. Crews from Fire Station 4 were able to extinguish the small fire within minutes. There is no known cause for the fire at this time. Police are investigating.
Around 7:45pm, firefighters were called to the 2300 block of Princess Avenue for reports of smoke coming from a basement. Crews discovered a grease fire on a stove and were able to put it out quickly. Smoke persisted in the home and firefighters were able to remove most of it with fans.
No one was injured in either incident.