It really cooled down outside yesterday, but the heat is coming back with a vengeance, Thursday.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit has issued a Level 1 Heat Alert for Thursday July 26th. The Humidex is expected to be 40 or higher with temperatures forecasted by Environment Canada to reach 97 Fahrenheit or 36 Celsius.
The Windsor-Essex County Heat Alert Response Committee and the Windsor-Essex County Health Unit urge residents to follow the following steps to “Stay Cool” and enjoy a healthy summer.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Go to an air conditioned place. Those looking for a place to go can call 211 or visit StayCoolWindsor-Essex.com for the latest locations.
- Wear a hat and lightweight loose-fitting clothing.
- Take a cool bath or shower.
- Limit outdoor activities to the coolest part of the day.
- Check on your neighbours and family.
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
- If you feel ill, faint, have difficulty breathing, or feel disoriented, visit your doctor or nearest hospital right away. In an emergency, call 911