OvercastNow
4 °C
39 °F
OvercastMon
4 °C
40 °F
Partly CloudyTue
6 °C
43 °F
Partly CloudyWed
0 °C
32 °F
Send Us A News Tip

Thursday June 28th, 2012

Posted at 2:06pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

UPDATE – 4:06pm: A fire inspector has determined that the cause of the fire was an air conditioner plugged into an overloaded power cord. The fire caused $100,000 in damages.

Fire is out at a house in the 1400 block of Pillette Road (near Seminole) after burning for two hours.

The two story house caught fire just after 11am. Fire crews at the scene found flames on the second floor and knocked them down, smoke persisted and drifted from the house’s siding and vents. A number of minutes later it appeared that the fire had extended to the attic and re-caught. Firefighters were faced with heavy fire in the attic and had to set up an aerial truck.

By 1:30pm fire was called as out and crews began cleaning up at the scene.

There were no injuries but the residents of the house have been displaced and are being given accommodation by the Red Cross.

Do You Like This Article?