Now that it’s the new year, Workforce Windsor-Essex is making big plans to continue to study and support Windsor-Essex’s industries and workers.
In 2012, WFWE plans to continue to develop its Local Labour Market Action Plan, report on future Industries and Occupations for Windsor-Essex, create a Human Resource Directory for Small and Medium-sized businesses in Windsor-Essex, and their physical offices are moving to a larger location down the block at 98 Chatham Street East.
Workforce Windsor-Essex, through the leadership of Donna Marentette, Denny Timm, Fabio Constante, Michelle Suchiu and others works on six major priorities for the Windsor-Essex Region and the future of its various industries and employers including:
- To ensure the Windsor-Essex workforce meets the needs of our current and emerging local economy.
- Provide relevant and current labour market information.
- Emphasize the importance of Attitude, Skills and Knowledge (ASK) in the workplace.
- Support entrepreneurship, R & D and the retention and growth of small and medium-sized business in Windsor Essex.
- Integrate immigrants and newcomers into our labour force for leveraging their knowledge, skills and experience.
- Maximize the opportunity for youth to engage in the local workforce.