The Windsor Police service today released many changes to make the force one of open, transparent, accountable and responsible policing.
Some of those changes will be:
- Organizational commitment to openness and transparency with media
- SIU to begin immediate training of all members.
- Immediate review of reporting structure and responsibilities.
- The A/Chief and Leadership Team for the first time in the Windsor Police Service history to conduct and lead training for all supervisory staff outlining expectations of accountability and risk management.
- Immediate creation of a Public Information Office.
- Increased access to Leadership Team and operational personnel for media.
- Immediate redesign of Website for easier and quicker information access.
- Improved and immediate implementation of new technologies for the sharing of information with the public and media.
- Adopt a new “Citizen Centered Approach” to service delivery.
- Immediate implementation of new Performance Management System.
- Implement mandatory mentoring program and leadership courses for all front line Supervisors, Staff Sergeants and Senior officers prior to promotion.
- Mandatory Psychological testing and Financial Background checks for all members entering a High Risk Unit, and for all members prior to promotion into Supervisor role.
- Implement enhanced mandatory Integrity / Ethics training service wide.
- Relocation of Professional Standards Branch office to an offsite location to encourage greater public accessibility.