Hello time traveller!
This article is 2473 days old.
The information listed below is likely outdated and has been preserved for archival purposes.
Doors Open Amherstburg is this Saturday, and it’s your chance to be a house-guest at some amazing properties and heritage buildings that were present during the War of 1812, or have links to residents who lived in Amherstburg during the War of 1812.
What began as a European event in the 1980s, Doors Open made its way to Ontario in 2002 and has permitted thousands and thousands of people to visit some otherwise-private historic homes, ancient buildings and hallowed halls.
Doors Open runs between 10:00am and 4:00pm at these locations in Amherstburg:
- Buchanan Residence
- Christ Church and Churchyard – Anglican
- The Commissariat (Home to the Provincial Marine Amherstburg)
- Fort Malden National Historic Site of Canada
- The Gordon House
- North American Black Historical Museum & Nazrey A.M.E. Church
- The Park House Museum
- Pensioners’ Cottages
- Thistle Masonic Lodge No. 34
For details and locations of each site, check out the Doors Open Website.