A fire broke out in a house in the 800 block of Riverdale Avenue around 2pm Wednesday afternoon. The fire was localized to one room inside the home. Engine 7 and Truck 7 arrived on scene in moments and had the fire out in less 10 minutes. Engine 6 and Truck 6 also responded to assist.
There was one occupant inside the house at the time of the fire, but he appeared to be in good health while talking to police on scene. EMS was dispatched to the scene as a precautionary.
According to the fire chief on scene, the fire was caused by a curling iron which was left unattended.